Eigth Semester B.Tech. Degree Examination, April 2014
08.805(3) MOBILE AND WIRELESS NETWORKS (ELECTIVE-III) (R)
Answer all questions.Each qestion carries 4 marks.
- What are the main problems of signal propagation?
- Who performs MAC algorithm for SDMA? Whatcould be possible roles of mobile stations, bus stations and planning from the network provider ?
- What are benefits and disadvantages of reservation schemes?
- Which type of different services does GSM offer? Give some examples and reasons why these services have been separated?
- What are typical data rates in DECT? How are they achieved considering the TDMA frames?
- How do inclination and elevation determine the use of a satellite?
- Why is the PHY layer in IEEE 802.11 subdivided? What about HiperLAN2 and Bluetooth?
- How does registration on layer 3 of a mobile node work?
- What are general problems of mobile IP regarding security and support of quality of service?
- How can DHCP be used for mobility and support of mobile IP?